NEMO Toledo Public Advisory #2 – Hurricane Warning
- Love NewsWeather & Natural Disasters
- November 1, 2022
- No Comment
TROPICAL STORM ADVISORY – Toledo District
DATE: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 TIME: 1:00 pm
The Prime Minister of Belize, Chairman of NEMO, has declared a Hurricane Warning (RED-II) for the entire coast of Belize. This means that Tropical Storm Lisa threatens the country of Belize and will likely make landfall within 24 hours. The public is advised to remain vigilant and to be prepared as the system will bring heavy rainfall which will result in flooding across low-lying and lood prone areas.
Voluntary relocation of high risk persons and those in low lying areas have started. In addition, the public is advised to voluntarily relocate to a safe place where necessary. All shelter managers and wardens are on standby as shelters across the district will be opened by 6 p.m. today. We implore all seeking shelter to wear a mask, practice social distance, clean hands regularly and practice good cough and sneeze etiquette.
NEMO advises the public that when using a public shelter:
1. Eat before leaving home, as hot meals may not be available during the first 24 hrs after the storm has struck.
2. Bring additional canned or non-perishable food, water, basic needs, and the following items that are indicated for use: battery operated radio, flashlights, extra batteries, extra prescription medications, baby food, formula, and diapers, first aid kit, eating utensils, toiletries, blanket or sleeping bags, and identification cards/valuable documents.
3. Follow all instructions given by authorized Shelter Wardens.
4. Pets are NOT allowed.
5. Alcoholic beverages are NOT allowed.
Residents are advised to continue monitoring this system very closely and to follow official information coming from NEMO and the National Meteorological Service. NEMO Toledo will continue to monitor any development and is on standby to respond to any incident. The general public will be updated on any further developments. The public is advised to stay alert. Village leaders are encouraged to call the numbers listed below for further preparedness information.
Contact Numbers for the Emergency Center are:
NEMO Toledo Office 722-0384 (Information Desk)
Mr. Kenton Parham 614-2158
Mr. Marion Nolberto 620-0295