Waterloo’s Port Project sent to the rubbish heap

Waterloo’s Port Project sent to the rubbish heap

Waterloo’s Port of Belize Cruise Tourism Facility and Cargo Expansion Project has been rejected. According to a report that Love News has received, the National Environmental Appraisal Committee has rejected the Waterloo project for the second time in 11 months. This evening, we reached out to Minister of Sustainable Development, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management, Orlando Habet and he told us that he has not yet been briefed by NEAC Chairman, Doctor Kenrick Williams. However, at the consultation on November 11, the Department of the Environment made it clear that if the project did not get environmental clearance, it would not proceed. The department’s Kenrick Gordon explained. 

Related post

Caye Caulker Restaurant Owner Turns American Fugitive Over to the Authorities.

Caye Caulker Restaurant Owner Turns American Fugitive Over to…

American fugitive, Aldrick Scott, is back in the United States in the custody of the authorities. Scott has been wanted since…
The Fire Department says last week’s fire in Sandhill was the result of arson

The Fire Department says last week’s fire in Sandhill…

The Fire Department has confirmed that the blaze which destroyed the scene of last month’s triple murder was the result of…
Minister Musa says the police are monitoring the movements of criminals in the region

Minister Musa says the police are monitoring the movements…

The Belize Police Department is closely monitoring the movement of criminal elements in Central America. The Governments of Honduras and El…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.